Monday, August 25, 2014

Word Play

Doing this assignment was interesting. I was unused to the Word List way of brainstorming. With some help from the class I was able to get a good wordlist going. The word list can be found here. Then upon sketching I also stumbled and was thinking too simply.

 After speaking with the instructor and the other students I was able to come up with some better ones.

 I ended up enjoying the magnetic pull idea the best and went through with it.

I used Candra font due to the slight weight change along the san serif font. I wanted the letters to be heavier on one end than the other so they would realistically "fall" the way I placed them. I then lengthened the letters as a shape to fill the space and make them more top heavy. I very much wanted a cartoon magnet so I created the U magnet instead of altering the U letter of the Candra font. The placement of the letters on top of the magnet is reminiscent of Wooly Willy's metal filings and how they react to the magnet.


No comments:

Post a Comment